A Leader That Listens
It has been a great honor to serve the people of the 49th Legislative District as State Representative. Since beginning to serve the district in 2011, my commitment to the voters has been the same:
- To listen to my constituents.
- Work towards solving our common problems.
- Continue to be a positive voice for family wage jobs.
- Advocate for a world-class education system.
- Protect our most vulnerable citizens.
During my time in the Washington State Legislature, my colleagues and I have made significant progress in areas that will bolster Vancouver's economy and provide jobs to my constituents.
- Worked to make tax incentives fair and creating government accountability for our tax dollars with higher standards directly related to job creation.
- Supported a budget that better funds education and held the line on tuition increases for college students.
- Helped strengthen downtown Vancouver development and growth by sponsoring a bill (LIFT) to create additional housing and jobs.
- Streamlined State's purchasing system and saved taxpayers $1 million in the first year.