It has been a great honor to serve the people of the 49th Legislative District as State Representative. Since beginning to serve the district in 2011, my commitment to the voters has been the same; to listen, work towards solving our common problems, and being a positive voice for family wage jobs, a world-class education system and protecting our most vulnerable. I am looking forward to the 2014 legislative session starting in January.
Please feel free to contact me through my official legislative page to schedule a meeting with me in Olympia or Vancouver. I thank you for your vote and continued support of my campaign.
- Worked to make tax incentives fair and creating government accountability for our tax dollars with higher standards directly related to job creation.
- Supported a budget that better funds education and held the line on tuition increases for college students.
- Helped strengthen downtown Vancouver development and growth by sponsoring a bill (LIFT) to create additional housing and jobs.
Priorities for 2014:
- Work to pass legislation that protects our most vulnerable adults from Elder Abuse and scams, especially in the contracting and home repair industries.
- Work to find solutions to help families get off state assistance and become self-sufficient.
- Strengthen stem programs with art and music programming in our classrooms and improve access to resources for job training in the high-tech industry.
- Implement our unique voter approved marijuana initiative by addressing public safety concerns and solutions.
- Continue creating a fair, sustainable and sufficient tax structure for families and business.
- Improve education opportunities for students from early childhood learning to college and job training programs, while keeping those opportunities affordable to families.
Why I need your help:
I intend to run for re-election in 2014 to continue the work that I have been doing for the 49th district and our state. We will again have serious budget challenges to address in January in Olympia and when we complete our work, I will be beginning my campaign for the 2014 election. I need your support now before legislative candidates are no longer allowed to seek contributions after December 13th.
With your support now, I can run a campaign that can raise the level of civic participation in our community and bring informative, respectful and focused dialogue to the issues that affect us all. Please consider supporting the campaign today and help me reach new voters in the 2014 campaign and raise the level of civic participation in our community.